Holiday Yoga Ornament Cookies
“Hang” your cookies on display this season! With a few easy steps you can transform your Yummi Yogi yoga cookies into ornaments. Hang on a tree or give as a gift, either way enjoy!
How To Instructions
1. Cut out your cookies with your Yummi Yogi Cookie Cutters. Using a chopstick or other implement, poke a hole near the top of the cookie for your ribbon to go through. Bake your cookies according to your recipe and let them cool.
2. To decorate you will need royal icing in a couple different colors. For this cookie we have red icing in a stiff consistency to outline the cookie, and in a flood consistency in a squeeze bottle to fill the cookie. Also we have gold in a medium consistency for the top of the cookie detail, and white in a stiff piping consistency for the ornament details. Optional decorating includes disco dust (a non toxic glitter) and nu silver dust that are applied with a paint brush.
3. Begin by piping an outline around your cookie with the red icing. Fill in the cookie with your flood icing. Use a toothpick to smooth out the icing and to fill in all the space. Let the cookie dry completely for at least 8 hours or overnight.
4. When the cookie is dry you can start to add your details. You can add a gold topper near the hole at the top of the cookie. Use your white icing to create designs and detailing.
5. Wait until the detailing is dry and you can apply glitter and silver to make your cookie dazzle and shine. To finish your Yummi Yogi Holiday Cookie Ornament, thread a piece of ribbon through the hole at the top.
Vanilla Sugar Cookie Recipe
Ingredients: • 1 cup unsalted butter – softened • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar • 2 eggs • 2 tsp vanilla • 3 cups all purpose flour • 1 tsp salt • 1 tsp baking powder
Instructions: • In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in
the eggs and vanilla. • In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder. • Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl of wet ingredients and mix until combined. • Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch between two sheets of wax paper. • Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F • Cut out cookies and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat
baking sheet. • Bake 7-9 minutes depending on size.
Royal Icing Recipe
Ingredients: • 2 lbs powdered sugar • 5 tbs meringue powder • 3/4 cup warm water • 1-2 tsp flavoring • 2 tbs corn syrup
Instructions: • In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the sugar and
meringue powder. • While mixing is running on low speed, slowly add the water and flavoring. • Allow the water to incorporate and add in the corn syrup. • Continue to mix at a medium-high speed until the icing becomes fluffy and stiff peaks
form. This may take 5-10 minutes. • Separate and color with food coloring as desired.